MY PRAYER

My Prayer

My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
Why art thou so far from helping me,
And from the words of my roaring?
O my God, I cry in the day-time,
But thou hearest not;
And in the night season, and am not silent.
But I am a worm, and no man;
A reproach of men,
And despised of the people.
All they that see me laugh me to scorn:
They shoot out the lip,
They shake the head, saying,
Be not far from me: for trouble is near;
For there is none to help.
Many bulls have compassed me:
Strong bulls of Bashan have beset me round.
They gaped upon me with their mouth,
As a ravening and a roaring Lion
I am poured out like water,
And all my bones are out of joint:
My heart is like wax;
It is melted in the midst of my bowels.
My strength is dried up like a potsherd;
And my tongue cleaveth to my jaws;
And thou hast brought me into the dust of death.
Unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul.
O my God, I trust in thee:
Let me not be ashamed,
Let me not mine enemies triumph over me.
Shew me thy ways, O Lord;
Teach me thy paths.
Lead me in thy truth, and teach me:
For thou art the God of my salvation;
On thee do I wait all the day.
Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me;
For I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged:
O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon my affliction and my pain;
And forgive all my sins.
VIPINS PUTHOORAN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reality of Life

Orchard of Love